Please join us for the 1st Annual NAMI | Shelby Stigma Breaker 5K, in conjunction with the 3rd Annual Mental Health Fun Fair!
This event is hosted by NAMI | Shelby, an affiliate of NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness – nami.org), and has been organized to raise awareness and provide information on free education and support programs for people living with mental illness and their loved ones. This event is a fundraiser for NAMI Walks Alabama (namiwalks.org).
Event details and schedule
Rainout Date: Saturday, May 16, 2020 (will be announced on NAMI | Shelby Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/NAMIShelbycty)
Need to Know
- Please have your registration email (printed or smart phone)
- EARLY PACKET PICKUP - May 8 at Veteran's Park from 5:30PM to 7:30PM
- 8AM Check In/Registration begins
- 9AM Stigma Breaker 5K Race begins!
- 10AM Award Ceremony and NAMI | Shelby Mental Health Fun Fair begin!
- Hydration stations will be available at 1-Mile and 2-Mile points during the race as well as at the conclusion of the race.
- Timing is timer based and NOT chipped.
- After the race, times will be posted on Active.com
- *Note: This course is NOT USATF certified.*
- Parking and Restrooms are available on site.
- It is a road race that is mostly flat but with a few small hills.
- Medals will be awarded to the following winners:
- 0-19 male and female
- 20-29 male and female
- 30-39 male and female
- 40-49 male and female
- 50-59 male and female
- 60+ male and female
- Overall male 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Overall female 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- *Overall and Age Group winners will not be duplicated.
- Music, Food, and Fun start at 10AM with the Fun Fair!